“I Believe In A Thing Called Love”
I love that classic rock song. The instrumental, the lyrics although very inappropriate for an eight-year-old (which is the age I’m estimating I heard the song) and the generation the song was born from.
However, love, reproduction, and repopulation have been an occurrence since the beginning of time. Thanks, Adam and Eve, Adam and Steve, Eve and (enter lady’s name).
So let’s get down to the nitty-gritty:
- Have you ever had someone save you constantly? From yourself mostly.
- Have you ever had someone embrace you without judgment? Understand that you are not 100% and not try to justify it or give you some “it’s gonna be ok” bs.
*See Life Tips Through Letters-Anxiety/Depression/Insomnia
- Have you ever had someone see you at your best, at your lowest and working your way up again? & be there EVERY moment? Not “sometimes” be there. I mean every phone call and text is picked up and replied to. Not out of guilt. Not because you’re physically enticing and beautiful. Just because they genuinely care for you.
- “I’m not going back to New York.” “I’m taking a semester off.” “I’m developing a tumor.”
Absolutely no excuse can scare someone who loves you. So don’t let anyone give you excuses. If they’re not putting the time and effort you deserve, you’re undoing yourself.
1. Find yourself. Focus on becoming the right person instead of searching for the right person.
2. Love yourself enough to wait for someone who loves you as much or even more
3. Last, but not least… HONESTLY.. Appreciate every person who has made you feel a flicker of light and warmth when you needed it
Whether your love may be romantic, parental, sibling or through friendship; Love is vital to our growth. Nourish and surround yourself with people who see you for you. Maybe it’s one, a handful of people or your pet… It does not matter – Go hug them. Go love them.